Closing Date: 25th March 2022
PD Teesport is one of the UK’s largest ports and a key player in both the local community and the economic growth of the region. The Company offers customers an integrated logistics package including port handling facilities, warehousing, forwarding and distribution.
We are seeking to recruit a General Worker within the Engineering Department at Teesport, the primary function of which is to undertake maintenance and inspection works to the fixed and mobile assets at the Teesport facilities.
As the role is within a multi-skilled and fully flexible working environment, where current experience of working as part of a maintenance team is essential including a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Skills in a specific trades would also be a distinct advantage.
The work will entail working outside in all weather conditions and the ability to work at heights. This job will involve, but not limited to;
- Assist Mechanical and Electrical teams to fulfil servicing requirements on fixed and mobile assets, such as ship to shore cranes, reach stackers, mobile harbour cranes.
- Operation of plant and machines to assist with minor and major repairs to assets.
- Carry materials and supplies from trucks/vans to job site so they are ready for installation or other tasks.
- Check/test plant, equipment, fixed infrastructure and machinery to ensure compliance with legislation and/or servicing requirements.
- Follow instructions to ensure safety of the entire team.
This job will also require you to work on your own and as part of a multi-skilled team to assist other trades to fulfil their roles.
- 25 days holiday plus ban holidays (depending on shift)
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme
The ideal candidate will hold a full UK driving licence, and you will be able to demonstrate some understanding of a heavy industrial environment. This will also be supported by an understanding of the maintenance process and be able to progress general maintenance works without constant instruction.
You will be required to work within the 162.5 hours per month contract and be fully committed to working to health and safety best practice.
Successful applicants will be offered a competitive salary, excellent terms and conditions of employment with an opportunity to build a career with the business.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining relevant skills & experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th March 2022