Closing Date: 6th December 2019
PD Teesport is one of the UK’s largest ports and a key player in both the local community and the economic growth of the region. The Company offers customers an integrated logistics package including port handling facilities, warehousing, forwarding and distribution.
The Engineering Department are seeking to recruit an Engineering Data Analyst who will be responsible for maintaining the departments ERP system to ensure continuous improvements to the functionality, effectiveness and operation. This role will be an integral part of the engineering department that will be delivering support and solutions to add value to the business.
The main duties of the role will include:
• Provide support to the IFS modules the department operates.
• Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data relating to engineering aspects.
• Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytic reporting tools.
• Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation processes.
• Produce and track key performance indicators.
• Develop and support reporting processes.
• Monitor and audit data quality.
• Develop and maintain management processes.
Key skills required by the applicant:
• Excellent numerical and analytic skills.
• Expert level MS Excel and MS Access ability.
• ERP knowledge/experience.
• Report writing.
• Capacity to develop and document procedures and process management.
• Ability to carry out data quality control and validation.
• An understanding of data protection and GDPR.
Personal qualities required by the applicant:
• Analytical by nature.
• Ability to interact with the business and communicate clearly/effectively/in a timely manner.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Team player.
The role will be based at Teesport, although travel to other company premises and locations will be required.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, drive and enthusiasm to undertake this role please send your application, including covering letter and current CV to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square