Closing Date: 10th February 2023
Reporting to the Marketing and Events Manager, this role is based in PD Ports HQ at Queen’s Square, Middlesbrough. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing marketing and communications team at PD Ports. You will play a key role in sharing our story to promote business growth, strengthen our reputation and support our vision to be an employer of choice. In the role, you will be responsible for leading the Company’s digital marketing and communications strategy whilst providing support to the Head of Corporate Affairs and the Marketing and Communications team. You will be responsible for an extensive range of specific internal/external marketing and communications projects.
If you like a challenge, thrive on variety and are an active team player, this role is for you.
– Lead in the creation and development of an external online marketing and communications strategy to support business growth and reputation management.
– Responsible for the development of compelling and influential online content that grows our customer base, engages stakeholders, government, membership organisations, media and community groups, all of which contributes to delivering our marketing and communications strategy.
– Produce monthly performance analysis reports making recommendations to the Head of Corporate Affairs to drive growth and engagement in line with business objectives.
– Provide support to the Media and PR Manager in the creation of offline content and in the effective coordination of stakeholder and media-related activity.
– Assist the Marketing and Communications team in response to all business resilience and crisis communications activity.
– Assist with award submissions.
– Support in the delivery of videography and photography requests across all UK sites.
– Assist in the coordination of corporate social responsibility activities including our co-founded charity, High Tide Foundation with a prime focus on participation at events and programme engagement.
– Assist in relationship management with approved external partners such as media partners, agency partners and event companies in a professional and timely manner – creating a strong network.
– Assist Marketing and Events Manager with event management for both low key and large-scale industry events, occasionally may require travel abroad and nationwide.
– Support business development activity to promote business growth and reputation management.
– Be a PD Ports champion at public and industry events.
– Proven track record in creating and delivering an effective social media strategy, including planning, engagement, channel management and tone of voice.
– Social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
– Excellent written and presentation skills.
– Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
– Canva or similar editing programme
– Basic photography and video editing
– B2B marketing and communications
– Good communicator
– Problem solver
– High levels of integrity and self-motivation
– Highly collaborative team player
– Ability to adapt to a diverse and quick changing environment
– Calm and logical
– Strong organisational skills
– Task driven with ability to work across multiple projects
– Ability and drive to build and develop networks
– Excellent attention to detail
– Comfortable in sharing views and ideas
– Excellent IT skills
Qualified to degree level with public relations/communications experience.
PD Ports is one of the UK’s major port groups and the largest private employer in the Tees Valley. With 12 key ports and logistics centres across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 10th February 2023