Closing Date: 31st October 2019
Due to internal changes, an opportunity has arisen for a Controller working across the Unitised business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day operation of the Navis Terminal Operating System, ensuring that vessel, yard and rail operations are monitored and managed effectively and efficiently.
The role involves:
- Operating the Navis Terminal Operating System (Training will be provided)
- Managing inbound and outbound data to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Creating and managing work queues, ensuring that all equipment’s have suitable and sufficient workloads
- Ensuring that all equipment is operating efficiently within the yard and associated with vessel, yard and rail operations
- Managing exceptions, breakdowns and waste dynamically, redirecting and diverting work queues to optimise the efficiency of the operations
- Data analytics, KPI creation and monitoring
- Delivery of business unit targets and objectives
Your skills will include:
- A good analytical mind with an excellent work capacity
- A self-starter, able to work effectively as an individual and also as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Previous experience of working with an advanced computer system is desirable
- Ability to liaise directly with customers and other port users and also communicate at all levels within the business in a professional and courteous manner
- Possession of excellent organisational and administrational skills
- A high degree of computer literacy is required, ideally with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly MS Excel.
Flexibility is a key aspect of the role, as the successful applicant will be required to work a shift system covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Rostering of shifts will be employed so far as is possible. If you feel you have the necessary skills to undertake this challenging role, please send applications by letter, highlighting relevant experience and the reasons why you feel should be considered for the role, including a Curriculum Vitae, to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square TS2 1AH
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 08.11.2019