Closing Date: 18th March 2022
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
An opportunity has arisen for a Control Superintendent working across the Unitised business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of day-to-day operations using the Navis Terminal Operating System, ensuring that vessel, yard, rail and Portcentric services are delivered efficiently.
The role involves:
- Operating the Navis Terminal Operating System (training will be provided)
- Managing inbound and outbound data, ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Creating and managing work queues, ensuring that all equipment is utilised efficiently, distributing workloads and avoiding bottlenecking
- Responding to exceptions, breakdowns and waste dynamically, redirecting and diverting work queues to optimise the efficiency of operations
- Data analytics, deriving insights from data to drive improvements in planning
- Monitoring of KPI’s and reporting on deviations
- Delivery of customer service level agreements and business unit targets
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (subject to shift pattern)
- Ongoing internal training and assessments
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
Your skills will include:
- A good analytical mind with an excellent work capacity
- A self-starter, able to work effectively as an individual and also as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Previous experience of working with an advanced system is desirable
- Ability to liaise directly with customers and other port users and also communicate at all levels within the business in a professional and courteous manner
- Excellent organisational and administrational skills
- A high degree of computer literacy is required, ideally with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel.
Flexibility is a key aspect of the role, as the successful applicant will be required to work a shift system covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The rostering of shifts will occur so far as is possible.
For more information and to apply please contact the Group HR Department
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square