Closing Date: 25th June 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume. Groveport specialises in steel, forest products and dry bulk cargo and is the UK’s market leader for handling long steel products. Covering 190 acres, Groveport is a leading import terminal for some of the UK’s major steel suppliers.
The role will be located in the Steel Department at Groveport. It will be essential for applicants to have their own transport, as access to public transport is limited. It is a process driven environment; stock is received by road and ship through Groveport, moved to the warehouses and outside storage areas, and dispatched daily by road throughout the UK.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all of the client’s service levels are achieved and that product integrity is maintained at all times. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will span across a range of areas within the business from PD Ports Freight Forwarding, Port Operations, Engineering and Transport to provide a seamless service to the customer.
The successful candidate must be able to offer strategic input to identify and implement service led improvements and cost down initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in contract management have excellent management, organisational and communication skills, an eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure in a very demanding environment. IT literacy and the ability to analyse data in a variety of forms, prepare reports and presentations and be able to effectively communicate and build relationships both internally and externally, at all levels, are a pre-requisite.
- Management of all operations to ensure compliance with Health & Safety
- First line contact with client, management and operational staff
- Setting and delivering against budget revenues/costs
- Ensure facilities are maintained to a high standard
- Maintain accurate stock control
- Responsibility to ensure timely and accurate receipt of goods
- Weekly scheduling of activity and completion of weekly reports
- Investigating and providing solutions to customer complaints
- Monitor service and performance via KPI’s
- Development of customer relationships at various levels with regular service reviews
- Dealing with financial controls, including profit and loss
- Legal compliance
- Continuous improvement and business continuity
Applicants will require the below qualifications and initial skill base to apply.
- GCSE Maths qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- GCSE English qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- A Level Qualification
- Business degree or relevant equivalent
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of risk assessments
- Understanding of health and safety processes and procedures
- Crisis management skills
- Leadership skills
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview, which will include delivery of a presentation to the management team.
If you have the necessary base skills, knowledge and attitude to join our team for this opportunity, send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to PD Ports, 17-27 Queens Square, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AH.
Closing Date: 25th June 2021