Closing Date: 17th September 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Reporting to the Operations Manager this will be a challenging role managing the storing and handling of a contract with stock being received via containers and LCL deliveries, which is then held before being picked, packed and delivered onwards to our customer.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all of the client’s service levels are achieved and that product integrity is maintained at all times.
The main duties of the role include:
- Management of all operations to ensure compliance with Health & Safety
- First line contact with client, management and operational staff
- Setting and delivering against budget revenues and costs, including implementing cost effective ideas geared towards improving efficiency and cost reductions
- Ensure facilities are maintained so no stock loses are incurred
- Ensure timely movements into and out of the warehouse are planned and accomplished
- Ensure warehouse space is utilised to its fullest using the appropriate resources and personnel
- Maintain accurate stock control through inventory checks
- To ensure all contract targets and key performance indicators are met
- Ensure all warehouse personnel are motivated and have the relevant skills and knowledge to carry out all warehouse processes to maximise productivity and profit
- Ensure the proper and safe operation of all MHE by correctly instructed operators
- Maintain up to date job descriptions and skills analysis for warehouse staff
- Development of customer relationships at various levels with regular service reviews
- Continuously seek improvements to service.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (subject to shift pattern)
- Ongoing internal training and assessments
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme (up to 6% company contribution)
To apply for this position you should have a proven track record in contract management as well as a minimum of 5 x A-C’s at GCSE level.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: email@example.com Closing date: 17th September 2021