Closing Date: 7th June 2019
PD Ports are a leading UK ports business offering end to end supply chain solutions and employing circa 1200 people across the UK. With headquarters in the North East of England, PD Ports operates at key UK ports and logistics centres nationwide.
A vacancy has arisen for a Commercial Assistant, based in the Commercial Department at our Head Office in central Middlesbrough. Reporting to the General Manager Key Accounts and supporting the Key Accounts Management Team, the main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing letters and correspondence in line with company standards
- Create and review pro-forma letter and documents for use by the Key Accounts Team
- Using the internal commercial system to create customer login, generate quotes, undertake credit application checks, complete vendor application forms and manage the quote expiry processes
- Liaise with internal department including legal, finance, operations and insurance, as necessary
- Create, review and update presentations for delivery both internally and externally
- Undertake research projects and generate sector/market information, collecting and collating customer and market information as required
- Prepare and collate KPI packs, volume data, quote and other relevant information for customer visits
- Assist with the production of tender documentation
- Schedule and coordinate meetings internally and externally on behalf of the Key Accounts Management team
This will be a hands-on role and the successful candidate will be responsible for all Key Accounts Management administration, liaising directly with the Commercial and Operational management teams, customers and other port users.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate good communication, motivational & computer skills, including a sound working knowledge of Microsoft. An appreciation and understanding of the Commercial and Marketing aspects of business is important, as is the ability to gather and collate data and information and prepare meaningful reports in support of the Company’s business development endeavours. Applicants should be fully conversant with the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to undertake this challenging role please send applications in writing, detailing any relevant experience and current salary, to:
Group HR Department
PD Ports Ltd