Closing Date: 31st May 2023
Schedule: Monday to Friday
PD Ports has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Central Planning Supervisor to join the recently restructured Tees & Hartlepool Resource Allocation Function. The role will be based in Middlesbrough and will report into the Resource Allocation General Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Resource Allocations team in delivering the day-to-day supply of staff into the Bulks Tees and Hartlepool and Tees Unitised operations. Duties of the role include overseeing the Resource Allocations team, ensuring people are allocated in line with H&S and operational requirements. They will also be a need to support the team through the ongoing changes to the department.
The key skills and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensuring that the staffing strategy is adopted and implemented into the operational platforms achieving efficient and effective deployment of staff.
- Identification through collaboration with HR, Operations and Learning & Development Departments of appropriate skills development to address any shortfalls.
- Working with the wider team to develop forecasts that allow for the best utilisation of staff and identify potential issues in advance so corrective measures can be implemented.
- Monitoring rota performance and recommending changes were deemed appropriate.
- Dealing with face-to-face communications and the resolution of conflicts in an equitable manner in line with organisational processes and policies.
- Interpersonal skills (effective communication, negotiation, collaboration, the ability to be diplomatic but still adhere to company practices and processes).
- Resource planning and allocation, ensuring optimal utilisation of resources by managing employees’ skills and the skills of 3rd party agency workers.
The ideal candidate will hold at least 5 years’ experience in a planning type role with an excellent ability to identify, adopt and deliver change. They should also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
PD Ports is one of the UK’s biggest and most progressive port groups with a reputation for excellence gained from decades of experience and a highly skilled workforce. PD Ports employs over 1,400 people nationwide whilst also operating one of the most ambitious apprenticeship programmes in the maritime industry as part of its ongoing commitment to supporting the next generation.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a cover letter reference CPS-1273 to: firstname.lastname@example.org