Closing Date: 1st July 2022
PD Shipping & Inspection Services are seeking a Cargo Superintendent to join our operation at Erith on the River Thames.
PDSIS is part of the PD Ports Group, and we have had a presence here for over 100 years. We run a busy ships agency & cargo superintending operation, which has enjoyed considerable success over many years. We operate with a “safety first and foremost at all times” approach and we promote a positive environment in which we encourage everyone to contribute and be a part of the team. For example, all of our employees are involved in writing the risk assessments/safe systems of work for the various tasks involved in the job and the same goes for our written procedures.
This role is based at Erith, Kent, where we have a permanent presence working for the client.
The successful applicant will need to be self-motivated, well organised, reliable and punctual with good attention to detail. The role will involve working as part of a team and some lone working. There will be some work at height due to gauging land tanks and working by the river.
Duties of the role include:
- Work in accordance with written procedures in order to ensure the quality and quantity of the client’s vegetable oil and rapeseed products.
- Conduct basic quality tests on rapeseed imported by road and on ships.
- Record times and relevant details on a computer-based reporting system.
- Inspect ships’ tanks and cargo holds for cleanliness prior to loading products for export.
- Communicate important information in a timely manner to other internal departments and to the client.
- Liaise with the client’s jetty operators about loading operations.
- Some basic manual handling tasks involved, but this is not an overly physical job.
- Record all relevant information and take samples when the client loads oil into flexi-containers
- 40 hours Monday to Friday (0600-1400 / 1400-2200 / 2200-0600)
- This is a 24/7 operation and the role will therefore involve regular weekend work. Extra payments are made for weekend work.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (subject to shift pattern)
- Starting Salary £23,000
- Additional payments for weekend work
- Sick pay scheme/Cycle to work scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program for personnel support (health, finance, etc.)
- Company pension scheme
Full training (including Safety Passport training) will be provided. A good working knowledge of IT packages such as Microsoft Office and Outlook would be highly beneficial as most of our systems are now computer-based.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a covering letter to:
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square
Or via e-mail: email@example.com Closing date: 1st July 2022