Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 10th June 2022
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR APPRENTICESHIP
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Reporting to the Senior Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager, this role will be located in the Project Engineering Department, based at Vulcan Street, Middlesbrough, the department provides support throughout the PD Ports business delivering a wide range of engineering projects from inception to commissioning stage.
An opportunity to undertake a 21 month programme, which will provide a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours in line with the administration requirements of the Project Engineering Department. A mentor from within the business will be allocated to support the candidate throughout their apprenticeship, to set learning goals and track progress.
There will be a requirement to complete the Level 3 Business Administrator qualification and to represent work in an End Point Assessment (EPA), attending college one day a week.
Workplace training will provide developing knowledge of the departmental processes and the wider business, gaining financial awareness and report writing skills.
The Project Engineering Department provides excellent administration and customer support in line with business needs. The apprenticeship will gain valuable I.T. skills, administration and personal skills, essential for the workplace.
During the apprenticeship responsibilities for will include:
- Dealing with internal and external queries by phone and email
- Recording holiday and sickness absences
- Co-ordinating meetings and travel arrangements
- Processing purchase orders and supplier invoices
- Period cost forecasting
- Compiling and documenting annual budgets
- Daily administration support
- Filing, scanning and photocopying documents
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation
- Communicating effectively with external suppliers
Applicants will need the following qualifications and initial skill base to apply.
- GCSE Maths qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- GCSE English qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- Good level of IT Skills, Microsoft Word, excel, outlook as minimum
- Willingness to learn
- Analytically minded
- Good level of communication skills – verbal and written
- High levels of accuracy
- Organisation skills
- Professional attitude
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good listening skills
- Good time keeping
- Interpersonal skills
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, apply by sending CV and covering letter to Tanya Mountain, Group HR Officer, email@example.com.
Closing date for applications Friday 10th June 2022.