Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 10th June 2022
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR APPRENTICESHIP
QUEENS SQUARE, MIDDLESBROUGH
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,300 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume.
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, this role is located in the Procurement Department based in Queen’s Square, Middlesbrough, the department provides procurement support throughout the PD Ports business overseeing the company’s procurement activities to support the delivery of added value to the company.
An opportunity to undertake a 21-month programme, which will provide a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills, and behaviours in line with the administration requirements of the Project Engineering Department. A mentor from within the business will be allocated to support the candidate throughout their apprenticeship, to set learning goals and track progress.
There will be a requirement to complete the Level 3 Business Administrator qualification and to represent work in an End Point Assessment (EPA), attending college one day a week.
Workplace training will provide developing knowledge of the departmental processes and the wider business, gaining financial awareness and report writing skills.
The Procurement Department supports the company’s operational requirements by providing procurement support to the company’s internal customers in line with business needs. The apprenticeship will gain valuable I.T. skills, administration and personal skills, essential for the workplace.
During the apprenticeship responsibilities of the role will include:
- Contribute to the procurement service, by supporting the procurement team members working on sourcing projects by managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the sourcing project.
- Developing your capability by becoming a key user on the e-procurement system and the ERP Procurement module and assist with the maintenance of both systems.
- Resolve ERP procurement user queries that do not require the attention of the Procurement Officer.
- Raise Purchase Requisitions for the Procurement & Finance departments
- Expedite solution of any problems that arise in relation to delivery date, quality, quantity and cost of purchased commodities.
- Assist Accounts payable to resolve discrepancies with unmatched invoices and communicate with internal stakeholders and suppliers as appropriate.
- Administration of the New Supplier Request Process
- Administration of the Supplier Performance Evaluation Process
- Maintain purchasing documents, network files (e.g. maintaining the Procurement network drive, review document retention in line with policy, maintain the compliance calendar) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintenance of various trackers and registers including the savings tracker, fuel trackers, insurance certificate tracker, souring projects register and the Sourcing Pipeline.
- Administration and Maintenance of the Procurement Intranet and internet Web pages
- Compilation and administration of various reports to review compliance with policy and procedures unfulfilled
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments as requested
- Arranging site visits of suppliers or colleagues
- Perform general administrative tasks for the purpose of supporting departmental activities
- Undertake data analysis or work with data in excel and other Microsoft packages.
- Keep staff and suppliers informed regarding procedural requirements (e.g. ordering and purchasing procedures, new supplier request process, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and direction regarding the procurement process, policy, and procedures.
Applicants will need the following qualifications and initial skill base to apply.
- GCSE Maths qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- GCSE English qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- A Level – Preferable
- Good level of IT Skills, Microsoft Word, excel, outlook as minimum
- Willingness to learn
- Analytically minded
- Good level of communication skills – verbal and written
- High levels of accuracy
- Organisation skills
- Professional attitude
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good listening skills
- Good time keeping
- Interpersonal skills
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, apply by sending CV and covering letter to Tanya Mountain, Group HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications Friday 10th June 2022.