Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 18th October 2023
Working Arrangements: Full time, permanent. 8.30am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Do you have bicycle assembly skills and are seeking a new, full-time role in Felixstowe? If so, PD Ports wants to hear from you. We are looking to hire a Bike Builder to join our friendly and collaborative team, and the role comes with an attractive salary and benefits.
In this role, you will be an essential part of our first-class bike assembly, inspection, and rework team based within our 3PL partner PD Ports in Felixstowe. You’ll build all our bikes to the highest standards to be supplied directly via our e-commerce platform. Working hours will be 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday. However, flexibility is required as there will occasionally be a business need to work some weekends.
During your first few weeks as Bike Builder, you can expect to begin working on:
- Inspecting bikes during the build process to ensure the bikes conform to our high-quality levels.
- Packaging bikes to a high standard to ensure safe delivery to the rider.
- Utilising various systems, ensure all bikes are built as planned and that our Rider Care team is informed of any anomalies.
- Diagnosing and repairing riders’ bikes via support tickets from our Rider Care department.
- Carrying out inspections of our products via support tickets from our Rider Care department.
We are looking for a Bike Builder with high attention to detail, bicycle assembly skills, and a moderate level of mechanical bicycle and e-bike knowledge. You will also require:
- CYTEC qualified bike mechanic level 2 and experience in a technical role.
- Excellent communication skills and general PC proficiency.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, problem-solving, and time management skills to ensure workload is prioritised to meet customer needs and department KPIs.
- Knowledge of Specialised product and the cycling industry in general.
- Full UK driving licence.
- You’ll receive an excellent salary and benefits package for your knowledge, expertise, and flexibility.
PD Ports is a leading UK port business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,450 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the Northeast of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume. Operating out of 12 key ports and logistics centres across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a cover letter reference BIKEBUILDER2023 to: email@example.com