Closing Date: 16th June 2023
Schedule: 35 hours Monday – Friday
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000
Do you have Procurement experience, and are you seeking a new job in Middlesbrough? PD Ports is looking for a full-time Assistant Procurement Officer, and the role comes with a salary of between £26,000 and 30,000 p/a with excellent benefits. As an Assistant Procurement Officer, you will provide operational procurement support for the achievement of the objectives of the department. You will also communicate with senior managers, team leaders, finance and suppliers internally and externally. You’ll also prepare and issue ITT/RFPs/RFQs, prepare evaluation summary and make recommendations.
To give you an idea of how this flexible role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing and terms and conditions.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of the supplier onboarding process and reporting within the e-procurement module.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the ERP Procurement
- Assist with training all new ERP procure users and refresher training to current ERP procurement
- Compilation and administration of various reports in order to review compliance with policy and procedures unfulfilled.
- Perform lifecycle contract management, including communicating with suppliers and departments regarding supplier performance.
- Administer various Procurement compliance processes.
To apply for this Assistant Procurement Officer role, you will need a GCSE Maths and English qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above). You will also require the following:
- A minimum of two years working in a procurement role of progressively responsible buying experience, purchasing a variety of commodities and services.
- Competency in all Microsoft packages with particular emphasis on
- The ability to think analytically, to problem solve and have good attention to
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you’ll receive a generous salary and benefits package, and be joining a welcoming and inclusive culture.
PD Ports is a leading UK port business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,400 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume. Operating out of 12 key ports and logistics centers across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a cover letter reference APO-1275 to: firstname.lastname@example.org