Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 30th June 2021
PD Ports is a leading UK ports business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,200 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume. Groveport specialises in steel, forest products and dry bulk cargo and is the UK’s market leader for handling long steel products. Covering 190 acres, Groveport is a leading import terminal for some of the UK’s major steel suppliers.
Reporting to the Steel Customer Services Supervisor, this role will be located in the Steel Department at Groveport. It will be essential for applicants to have their own transport, as public transport is limited.
A 24-month programme, which will provide a high standard of knowledge, skills and behaviours in line with the requirements of the administration department, as well as the wider working environment. A mentor from within the business will be allocated to support the candidate throughout their apprenticeship, to set learning goals and track progress.
There will be a requirement to complete the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner qualification and to communicate and represent work in an End Point Assessment (EPA).
Knowledge of the regulations and legislation of the Steel Department and wider business will be developed during the apprenticeship, alongside product and service understanding.
The Steel Department is required to provide excellent administration and customer support in line with business and contractual requirements. During the apprenticeship I.T. skills, administration and personal skills, essential for the workplace will be developed.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with internal and external queries by phone, radio, email
- Processing customer orders
- Checking document accuracy
- Handling and sorting delivery notes
- Updating customers regarding deliveries
- Deal with internal and external drivers and assist them with completion of necessary documentation
- Daily administration support
- Filing, scanning and photocopying customer documents
- Regular liaison with other departments within the organisation
Applicants will need the following qualifications and initial skill base to apply.
- GCSE Maths qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- GCSE English qualification minimum Level 4 (Grade C or above)
- Good level of IT Skills, Microsoft Word, excel, outlook as minimum
- Willingness to learn
- Good level of communication skills – verbal and written
- High levels of accuracy
- Organised approach to work load
- Professional attitude
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good listening skills
- Good time keeping
- Interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the needs of others
- Driving License and own transport
Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, apply by sending CV and covering letter to Tanya Mountain, Group HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 17-27 Queens Square, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AH.
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2021