Closing Date: 24th March 2023
PD Ports is looking for an Accounts Assistant to work within an experienced Group Finance team, which is part of the wider finance and procurement team of over 50 people. This full-time Middlesbrough based role comes with a competitive salary and benefits package.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will deal with the preparation and analysis of the Group’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial results, as well as fixed assets, lease accounting, tax, treasury, audit, and other group projects, including all external stakeholder reporting.
Throughout the year in this Accounts Assistant role, you can expect to:
- Prepare Capex reporting, including additions, disposals and depreciation for Group entities.
- Assist with maintaining the lease register for IFRS16 and financial statements disclosure purposes.
- Support with the preparation of annual statutory financial statements for all companies within the Group, under IFRS and UK GAAP, including iXBRL requirements.
To apply for this Accounts Assistant role, you will need to be AAT qualified or nearly qualified and have a basic understanding of accounting and technical issues. You will also require the following:
- A ‘hands-on’ financial accounting background.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, including using spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise confidently with all levels of management outside of finance.
In return for your collaborative approach and commitment, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including further study and career progression.
PD Ports is a leading UK port business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,400 people in the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest port by volume. Operating out of 12 key ports and logistics centres across the UK, we are committed to retaining and developing talent nationwide.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant skills & experience along with a cover letter reference AAM-232 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 24th March 2023