Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Reporting to the IT Team Leader, the overall purpose of this role is to drive operational improvements to meet
business objectives, via technological developments and enhancements, and aid business data driven decision
making. The role will also maintain and support systems for the Bulks, Transport and Warehousing entities of the
business, covering nine sites nationwide.
Duties of the role include:
• Data analysis and KPI/report/dashboard development
• Package and procedure development
• Design, build and test new IT Services – helping to define and develop improvements to meet the needs of
the business whilst driving efficiencies through initiatives such as continuous improvement.
• Systems support and maintenance – provide support and guidance for business applications to end users to
ensure that the business benefits continue to be achieved throughout the lifetime of the product, while also
effectively problem-solving potential system issues and maintaining platforms to a sufficient standard
• Close collaborations with business colleagues to develop the most optimal solutions.
• 24/7 On Call Support (rota)
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in IT and or hold at least 3 years’ IT experience,
specifically with data analysis expertise. They will possess strong knowledge of SQL (Oracle / MS), as well as a
clear understanding of database architecture concepts.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, licences and experience:
• Experience in data warehousing and SQL programming
• Experience in Business Intelligence – excellent technical ability and good data visualisation skills
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• A pro-active and methodical mindset
• Experience of Linux and data mining (desirable)
• Industry experience would be beneficial (Logistics, Ports or Warehousing)
• UK Driving Licence and Transport required – travel to various business sites.
PD Ports is a leading UK port business offering end-to-end supply chain solutions, employing over 1,400 people in
the UK. With headquarters based in the North East of England, PD Ports owns and operates the UK’s third largest
port by volume. Operating out of 12 key ports and logistics centers across the UK, we are committed to retaining
and developing talent nationwide.
If you are interested in joining the team at this exciting time, please submit a detailed C.V. outlining your relevant
skills & experience along with a cover letter reference SA01 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 19th September 2023
For more information and to apply please contact the Group HR Department
Group HR Department
17-27 Queen’s Square