Our Immingham terminal facility is situated on the South bank of the Humber Estuary providing a prime East Coast position and a gateway to the Humber region.
The Humber region has a strong industrial heritage and the Humber Port complex continues to be a catalyst for reinvigorating the local and national economy. The Humber area supports a range of industries and sectors including food processing, chemical and oil refineries, processing plants and today’s cutting edge renewable energy sectors.
All there because of exceptional access by sea, to and from Continental Europe and beyond, or by land, as Immingham is located right at the heart of the UK and uniquely positioned, being just 200 miles from London and Edinburgh, which in fact, places 40 million consumers within a four hour drive.
These uncomplicated road links position Immingham between the A180 leading to the M180, M62 & M11. An uncompromised rail network and air facilities at Humberside Airport place PD Ports at the forefront of the logistics and supply chain sector.
To support industrial activity on such a scale, our Immingham Terminal offers you a number of key facilities and services that include:
- the largest general and project cargo stevedore in the Port
- handling in excess of 1 million tonnes of cargo per annum
- 535,000 sq ft of covered warehousing
- London Metal Exchange approved warehouse
- wide range of open storage compounds
- project cargo and heavy lift specialists
- transhipment and cargo devanning services on site
- rail and road distribution services
Cargoes handled include:
- steels and associated products
- forestry products
- wind energy components